How can I prevent my child from getting tooth decay?
By following these recommendations, you can reduce the risk of your child developing cavities and tooth decay:
- Before your baby's teeth come in, gently wipe the gums with a damp cloth
- After your baby's teeth come in, use a soft toothbrush and non-fluoride toothpaste to clean their teeth. As your child grows, encourage self-care until your child can brush independently.
- Never allow your child to sleep with a bottle or food.
- Graduate your child to regular cups (not sippy cups) as soon as possible, preferably by 18 months of age.
- Avoid sweets and sticky foods.
- Limit fruit juice to about 4 ounces per day and only serve it in a regular cup, not a bottle.
- Visit the Children's Center for Dentistry for regular checkups and professional cleanings.
Patient Testimonial:Janina King via Facebook Reviews
Awesome experience with my special needs daughter! Thank you, all! Highly, highly recommend!