At Children's Center for Dentistry, the health and wellness of our patients and their families is always our number one priority. In light of national and state mandates and restrictions that are in effect to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS) has been closely monitoring and discussing the virus’s transmission and precautions that dentists should temporarily implement in their dental offices. As leaders in the healthcare profession, we must be proactive to limit the spread of this virus. Dentists are in one of the highest risk categories for transmission and contraction of the virus.
To ensure the safety of our patients, communities, and dental team members, the ISDS has recommended the following measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 through dental office:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. If patient/parent has a fever, sore throat, cough, or any respiratory symptoms, please let us know and we will reschedule their appointment out a few weeks.
- Please stay in your car until your appointment time, so we have enough time to properly sanitize between patients.
- Only patients and ONE parent are allowed in the building. Any additional parents/guardians and siblings without appointments are to wait in the car.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a mask throughout their visit.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, limited children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time!