Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Most parents have plenty of questions about their children’s healthcare, and we invite your questions and concerns. We’ve compiled a selection of questions that parents often ask us about our practice, our services, and pediatric dentistry in general. Take a look through and see if your questions are answered here.
If your question isn’t answered here or if you’d like additional information, you’re always welcome to give us a call at 309-827-KIDS(5437) or email us using our convenient online form.
- What are you doing to protect me during the Coronavirus outbreak? Is it safe for me to come to see the dentist during this time?
- Are thumbsucking and pacifier habits harmful to my child's teeth?
- Does my child need fluoride?
- Does your office use nitrous oxide?
- How can I prevent my child from getting tooth decay?
- How do sealants work?
- Should my child wear a mouthguard while playing sports?
- What does oral sedation mean?
- What is a pediatric dentist?
- When is general anesthesia appropriate?
- When should I begin brushing my child's teeth?
- When should my child have their first dental visit?
- When should we begin using toothpaste?
- Why are primary (baby) teeth important?
- Will my child need to get a shot?